How to Save Energy and Money by Improving Your Home in Coventry and Warwickshire

ECO Funding, Grants and Money

ECO (Energy Company Obligation) is a commitment made by the 7 biggest energy suppliers to provide measures to help people make their homes more energy efficient and easier to keep warm in winter. Each supplier has specific targets to achieve which are monitored by OFGEM (the government regulator). The available funding is significant but is limited and always subject to a survey being carried out. Not all improvement measures are available under ECO and the level of funding usually depends on how much energy is saved.
ECO logo
There are three separate obligations to ECO funding support depending on household circumstances:

1. Carbon Emission Reduction Obligation (CERO)
This applies to any household regardless of means. It can provide a subsidy for external insulation to solid walls or foam insulation for older cavity walls with narrow cavities. It can be used to supplement a Green Deal loan to reduce the repayments so that the total bill is no greater than the present energy bill, or as a contribution to a self-funded improvement measure.

2. Home Heating Cost Reduction Obligation (HHCRO)
This is for privately rented or owner occupied homes and households defined as in a priority group and is effectively the replacement for the previous Warm Front Scheme which ended in 2012. It provides part or full funding for basic improvement measures generally for elderly householders receiving Pension Credit benefit or households receiving income related benefits and having diasabilities or younger children. This could typically provide free loft and cavity wall insulation and some heating improvements. For qualification details see ‘Do you Qualify for Grant Funding’.

3. Carbon Savings Community Obligation (CSCO)
For any household regardless of income. This is likely to include free basic insulation and heating improvements. There are no qualifying benefits required but the home must be in one of the 15% most deprived areas of the UK. Ask your Act on Energy or your local council if your address is included.

For any household in a rural area (population less than 10,000). Households will need to be in receipt of a qualifying means tested benefit and could receive free loft and cavity wall insulation and heating improvements.

What do I do now?

You do not have to change your energy supplier to access ECO funding from a different supplier and this can be organised for you by approved contractors or locally (Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Coventry and Solihull areas only) through Act on Energy on 01789 472691. For other areas you can contact the Energy Saving Advice Service on 0300 123 1234.

Important NOTE:

Most energy suppliers have already reached their targets for 2014 for most strands of ECO and funding is now severely limited. Check with you own energy supplier to see if they have funding to support energy saving improvements for their own customers.

| Be found by highley relevant potential customers by advertising your business here

How are your neighbours saving on their energy bills?

Error! Please complete all fields

All fields marked with * are required

Hand holding lots of money

Do you qualify for financial help?

There may be a grant that will help you pay for your home more

Insulation being packed into a cavity

Find energy saving tips & ideas

Energy saving doesn't have to cost you anything, try some of these more

Energy Saving Community Group Discussion

Join local energy saving groups

Benefit and learn from others by joining your local energy saving groups and more